Pune, 7th December, 2022: Temporary measures recommended by a private organization to prevent frequent accidents in the Katraj Tunnel to Navale Bridge area are now in their final stages.
Private groups will soon submit a report to the government on long-term measures to prevent accidents in the Navale Bridge area.
More effective measures will be taken to prevent accidents. A voluntary organization has been designated for this purpose. The interim measures suggested by the group were taken immediately.
In this context, Dr Rajesh Deshmukh, Collector of Related Private Organizations, and the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) held a video conference on Tuesday (December 6) morning. These measures are reviewed therein. Soon, the group will submit a report to the administration on long-term measures.
Speaking on this, NHAI deputy manager Ankit Yadav said, “In the road safety committee meeting chaired by Pune Guardian Minister Chandrakant Patil, various measures were proposed to prevent accidents in the Navale Bridge area. The proposed measures are in progress. “
To review these measures, officials from relevant agencies such as NHAI, Regional Transport Office (RTO), Traffic Police, Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC), District Authority, and private companies who have proposed these measures will conduct direct inspections of the area from Katraj Tunnel To the Navale Bridge, he informed further.
What interim measures are there?
– Right lane for heavy vehicles within 7 km from Katraj Tunnel to Navale Bridge. After the Katraj tunnel is complete, inspections will be performed to detect these changes.
– This place will post big boards in different languages like Marathi, Hindi and English.
– These seven kilometers will be fitted with high rumble strips to prevent speeding.
– An announcement will be made to prevent heavy vehicles from stopping from the tunnel to the Navale Bridge.
– Construction of pedestrian viaducts (pedestrian bridges) where pedestrians need to cross the road.
Also read news in marathi
Join Punekar News Whatsapp groups, telegraph, instagram and Twitter Regular updates about Pune City and Pimpri-Chinchwad
Also read political news about Sarkar Khabar