The sequel to the puzzle game released with PlayStation 2 (PS2), phantom, is one of the surprising new games announced for the PSVR2 headset. In a PlayStation blog post, the company detailed six new games in development for the upcoming virtual reality device, all of which are being developed by Japanese studios.
fantasy 20xx is the most prominent inclusion. It’s the sequel to a puzzle game revolving around fireworks developed by Sony’s in-house Japanese studio team. Released for the PS2 in 2000, it started out as a tech demo to show off the PS2’s ability to render beautiful particle effects. The sequel looks to be doing the same thing to promote the headset’s new high-definition display — which will surround the user with an exciting array of light and colour. It is developed by Cosmo Machia studio.
Here are the other PSVR2 games announced by Sony:
- altair bustera co-op multiplayer sword fighting game designed to replicate the exciting melee combo systems of role-playing games such as Devil May Cry and Bayonetta in VR format.
- Onigoro Storya co-op puzzle-adventure game where you manipulate objects in your environment, set in a world inspired by Japanese mythology (some of which has steampunk elements mixed in).
- Kizuna AI – Touch the Beat!, a rhythm action game that revolves around the songs of real-world virtual YouTuber Kizuna AI. The game can be played on PSVR2 (the original PS VR headset), as well as a traditional flat-screen experience on PS4 or PS5.
- Dyschronica: Chronos Alternate is a cinematic narrative experience and detective reasoning game. It revolves around the core mechanics of being able to relive people’s memories by touching objects, and alter the present by manipulating the past.
- X8 is a meta-reference 5v5 first-person multiplayer tactical shooter where you play as various heroes drawn from different genres of action games. This conceit allows each character to have a distinct playstyle, with unique weapons and special abilities.
read: PlayStation VR2 coming in February 2023 at a premium price
In other PlayStation VR2 news, the retail price of the upcoming device was recently detailed.it will cost $549.99 / AUD 879.95 for the unit itself, and $599.99 / AUD 959.95 In the bundle containing the launch header, Horizon: The Mountain Call.
PlayStation VR 2 will be February 22, 2023.