Officers from the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following incidents:
- Tuesday, December 6 at 7:37 p.m., SR 19 north, south of 1100N west CR, Nappanee. Riders: Bray M. McClain, 24, West CR 200N, Delphi; and Wyman E. Hochstetler, 40, North CR 1000W, Nappanee. As McClain was traveling south on SR 19, his vehicle rear-ended a horse-drawn carriage operated by Hochstetler. McLean was taken to South Bend Regional Hospital with headaches. Hochstetler was taken from the scene to South Bend Regional Hospital with abdominal and pelvic injuries. Two occupants of the van were also injured and taken to a local hospital by ambulance. Melissa Yoder, 7, of Nappanee, complained of pain in her knees, calves and feet. Joshua Miller, 8, of Nappanee complained of pain in the abdominal and pelvic regions. Losses of up to $50,000.
- Tuesday, December 6 at 5:41 p.m., US 30, west of East Van Ness Road, Pearseton. Driver: Hailey M. Slack, 21, South Village Street, Pierceton. Slack was traveling eastbound on US-30 when a deer entered the road. Losses up to $10,000.
- Tuesday, December 6 at 6:17 am, North SR 13, south of East Backwater Road, North Webster. Rider: Cyrus J. Corrao, 38, East CR 950N, Syracuse. Corrao was traveling south on SR 13 when a deer entered the road. Losses up to $10,000.
- Monday, December 5 at 9:49 p.m., 30 West Old Road, Etna Green North CR 875W. Driver: Sean L. Hammond, 48 Yearick Street, Argos. Hammond was driving east on Old Road 30 when a deer crossed the road. Losses up to $10,000.
- Thursday, December 1 at 2:43pm, North CR 950W, near West CR 1350N, Nappanee. Drivers: Xiaoyong Zeng, 52 Snapper Road, Naperville, IL; Jerome P. Spitz, 54, Kent County Courthouse, Naperville, IL. was driving a CR 950W heading south but failed to give way to Spitz’s vehicle resulting in a frontal collision. Spitz’s car pulled into a yard. Had complained of headache. A passenger in Zeng’s car in Naperville, Illinois, complained of neck pain. Zeng and Zhou were examined by medical staff at the scene. Losses of up to $50,000.
Officers from the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- Wednesday, December 7 at 7:47 am, SR 15, south of Bath Street, Warsaw. Riders: Victoria R. Reiter, 67, West CR 125N, Etna Green; Lori A. Davila, 17, Meadow Lane, Warsaw; and Tassie L. Presson, 35, East Harrison Street, Claypool. Reiter rear-ended Presson’s vehicle while traveling north on SR 15. Wright’s vehicle was then rear-ended by Davila’s vehicle. No injuries were reported. Losses of up to $25,000.