Officers from the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following incidents:
- Sunday, December 11 at 6:36pm, East Old Road 30 west of CR 325E North, Warsaw. Driver: Cesar O. Solorzano Malacara, 44, South Brallier Road, Pierceton. Solorzano Malacara was traveling westbound on East Old Road 30 when a deer crossed the road. Losses up to $5,000.
- Saturday, December 10 at 10:52pm, North CR 250E, north of East Old Road 30, Warsaw. Driver: Joshua E. Thompson, 35, East South Barbee Drive, Pierceton. Thompson was traveling north on the North CR 250E when his vehicle left the lane and hit a fence owned by Jack Culbertson in Warsaw. Views were also damaged at the residence of Douglas Robinson in Warsaw. No injuries were reported. Losses of up to $25,000.
- Saturday, December 10 at 5:53 p.m., South SR 15, south of West CR 600S, Claypool. Driver: Douglas L. Haney, 75, South CR 600W, Silver Lake. Haney was driving north on South SR 15 when a deer crossed the road. Losses up to $5,000.
Mentone Police Department officers investigated the following incidents:
- Tuesday, December 6 at 11:50 am, Etna Street, north of Mentone Street. Riders: Roxanne Beery, 67, SR 25, Mentone; and Rebecca J. Hicks, 51, Canford Street H., Camby. Hicks was driving north on Rue Etna when he passed a parked mail van. Her car hit Beery’s as she tried to turn into the parking lot. Beery also passed a parked mail van. No injuries were reported. Losses of up to $25,000.
Officers from the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following incidents:
- Monday, December 5 at 2:11 p.m. on South Huntington Street just south of Syracuse Street in Syracuse. Drivers: Timothy R. Crouch, 65, North Syracuse Webster Road, Syracuse; and Michael L. Guyse, 70, East Woodland Acres Drive, Syracuse. Crouch was backing into the parking lot when he hit Gass’ car. Losses up to $1,000.
Officers from the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- Saturday, December 10 at 11:35pm, West CR 350N, east of North Riverlawn Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Adelaida Farber, 33, East Brookfield Circle North, Warsaw. Farber was attempting to travel on West CR 350N, which was closed for roadworks. Farber told officers she saw no road closure signs or construction ditches. She was taken to Lutheran Kosciusko Hospital for observation. Losses of up to $25,000.
- Saturday, December 10 at 11:48 am, 3356 Lake City Highway, Warsaw. Drivers: Joshua L. Crispen, 41, South CR 1275E, Akron; and Catherine A. Rush, 52, North CR 800W, Cromwell. Both Crispen and Rush were in the drive-thru when Crispen’s vehicle rear-ended Rush’s. Losses up to $5,000.
- Friday, December 9th at 3:31pm, South Maple Avenue, near East Market Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Isaias Osorno Zago, 35, South 58th Court, Cicero, Ill.; and Sylvia Hopkins, 65, North Lakeview Avenue, Warsaw. Osorno Zago was traveling south on South Maple Street when it stopped at the East Market Street intersection. He didn’t see Hopkins’ car heading west on East Market Street. No injuries were reported. Losses up to $10,000.
Officers from the Winona Lake Police Department investigated the following incidents:
- Thursday, December 8 at 10 p.m., South CR 250E, north of Winona Lake Pierceton Road. Driver: Noah M. Vanpuffelen, 17, East Legacy Lane, Winona Lake. Vanpuffelen was heading south on South CR 250E when a deer crossed the road. Losses up to $2,500.