Friday 26 May 2023 at 10.37
RALEIGH, NC (WTVD) — Since the summer is starting to get hot, I thought we’d make some hotplates for the next few weeks to keep the oven off. Last year, the talented Elaina Athens made a simple and delicious dish with me. You can find the recipe here. Let sink deeper into the pasta. This one was sent to me by a viewer and looks like your typical spaghetti dish. I assure you, it’s anything but… let’s make some shrimp paste.
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed and thawed
2 t lemon peel
3 t paprika
1 t salt
1 box of linguine
2 16 oz. jars of roasted red peppers, drained
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 T butter
4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
1 t onion powder
1/2 cup white wine
Crumbled feta cheese
1. Combine shrimp, lemon zest, 1 t paprika and 1 t salt in a bowl. Mix and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until 2 minutes from done. Drain.
3. Place bell pepper, cream and paprika in a blender. Blend until smooth.
4. Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and onion powder and fry for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add wine and stir. Cook for 2 more minutes.
6. Add pepper puree and let it simmer. Add shrimp and cook for another 3 minutes.
7. Add the drained pasta to the pepper mixture and stir everything together.
8. Serve with a little crumbled feta on top
This was SO good. My daughter is not a seafood fan and actually liked this. She suggested you could make it without the shrimp. That would be pretty good. Feel free to change it too. Add chopped onions instead of onion powder. Or use some smoked paprika. You do you. Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy this quick and easy meal!
Copyright © 2023 WTVD-TV. All rights reserved.